Wednesday, October 17, 2007

39

4:15 pm - Arrive for 4:30 appt., made yesterday, at NYU School of Dentistry. Corner of 1 Ave. and 24 Street.

4:30 pm - Call from Dentist. He won't show until 5: too many patients at his other job (dealer?)

4:50 pm - Call from Dentist. He isn't coming, swamped with walk-ins.

5:00 pm - Board bus. Get in yelling fight with drunk Dominican man with tattooed hands who insists I was trying to take his seat.

5:00 pm - Tell drunken man I wasn't moving in on "his" seat. Then call drunken man a "cocksucker." Consider telling him he needs treatment for what I hope ends up killing him.

5:00 pm - Keep silent. "...of quiet desperation."

5:01 pm - Move to the rear door of the bus. Stand next to a kid humming a song that I end up inadvertently tapping on my bag.

5:01 pm - Kid looks up at me. His eyes have the same look as mine must've, looking at the "seat" guy.

5:02 pm - Deboard.

No comments: