Friday, October 19, 2007

38

Thursday.

E-mergency. Abscessaroni. Abscessaringo. I have some inflaming in the upper facial back molar barrio. I get to the waiting room at 6:15. Out by 8:45.

How much of my life is spent in these chairs, discovering the hungry dumpling facade of Lou Dobbs and his "war on the middle class" rhetoric. Leek dumpling.

As it turns out, they might have "perforated" my molar when they canaled it the other day.

On perforation: occurs if the dentist performing the operative procedure (yes, a mouthful) happens to (accidentally) push too far down into the canal, sometimes causing the canaling tool to puncture the tooth (Tool moving diagonally out through the tooth. I wasn't sure if perforations are caused by the tool, or by the insertion of barium endofile into the vacant canal). Perforations -- I think -- weaken the strength of the tooth, causing (sometimes) the gum to move to cover the hole, and represent an entry for cavities. As virtually everything else inside the mouth, perforations mean pain. Teeth get angry from them.

Tomorrow (Friday): more xrays. We'll find out whether or not I need repairs.

No comments: