Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Still no destiny...

...but that's because I was busy being married and newlywed, if that's a verb I can use.

Something humorous from the wedding weekend that relates to destiny and teeth, though:

I was in Fellini's pizzeria the day I flew in (Thursday, wedding was Saturday). My wife and I were running around like junkies (I know, I know) busying ourselves with last-minute minutia. As I was in line waiting to pay hard-earned cash for my well-deserved slice, the persistent, if elusive, NYU College of Destiny (the SAME!) called me to ask if I would still like to continue my tenure as its (yes, an entity of destiny)patient and would I like to schedule a checkup?
I told them that I was getting married and that I couldn't talk right now much less schedule a renovation of my teeth. Soooo...the guy behind the counter must have thought I was talking to a collection agent -- marriage being my excuse not to discuss my burgeoning fame in the world of collection agencies -- because he gave me this I-don't-believe-you-just-used-that-as-an-excuse-now-I'm-going-to-use-that-as-an-excuse-thanks-peace-here's-your-pizza look. It was funny. You had to be there, I guess. Mangia!

No comments: